The term shower is often assumed to mean that the expectant mother is “showered” with gifts. In some countries, a baby shower is a way to celebrate the pending or recent birth of a child by presenting gifts to the mother at a party, whereas other cultures host a baby shower to celebrate the transformation of a woman into a mother.
There are various gift ideas to bring to a baby shower that the mother to be will appreciate having. Here are a few suggestions.
- Nursing pads are ideal for every woman who has just had a child. Nursing pads can be washable or disposable. Now these help in absorbing milk, and avoiding unsightly patches on her blouse. Breast milk sometimes leave marks on a mother’s blouse.
- Nursing bra goes well with nursing pads. Some are fitted with a pocket to slip nursing pads into. Others come with a detachable strap that not only allows a mother to breastfeed her baby comfortably, it also ensures that everything is in place, in case you are in public.
- Speaking of public. Breast Pumps are handy for mothers who need to go to work, yet they have infants. It’s easy, you just express your milk and store it in the refrigerator for warming when your baby needs a meal.
- Hygiene should be a top priority when handling baby’s feeding utensils. Sterilizers ensure you kill all those germs that could make you visit the hospital. There are steam sterilizers that are more sophisticated. You can also opt for the liquid cleanser. They are all available online.
- Coconut Oil is not only good for the baby; it also helps the mother deal with stretch marks that appear after birth. Once the baby is born, it can be used as a natural massage oil. It also acts as a natural diaper crème. Did you know you can also use coconut oil to ease teething problems? Now you know.
- You can never go wrong with diapers. These are the gift that a mother can never say she has received an excess of. Babies need diapers to change daily.
- Booties are a creative way to welcome an unborn baby. You can either knit or crotchet some yourself by following online DIY steps like this one. Alternatively, you can just look for a fancy pair in baby shops. After all, tiny feet have to be protected, don’t they?
- A Baby carrier can ease the life of a mother who has to multi task. There are those babies who don’t like to be left alone for long. A mother can carry her baby and continue working. For mothers who would like to keep fit, baby carriers are the answer. How about taking brisk walk with your baby strapped? This is definitely the gift to consider.
- A water proof mackintosh helps keep everything dry. It can be used as a diaper changing mat that can be easily fitted into a bag. They come in different colors and sizes, so knock yourself out picking the color that would please the new mother.
- A Baby bag is important to every mother. Just ask how much mothers have to carry around in case they have to take their babies with them. There are beautiful baby bags that would help her organize everything her baby needs.
There are more gift ideas but for today, we will let’s call it a wrap.